There are so many makeup looks to choose from. Some are great for everyday wear, while others are for glamorous nights out on the town. There are also a number of looks that work for all occasions.
If you're looking for inspiration or not sure what you need for various makeup looks, you're in the right place. We’re going to cover four simple makeup looks. You will also find out what makeup staples and tools you should have on hand and how to use them to achieve these looks.
Simple Makeup Looks
Many different makeup looks can work great for any occasion. However, the type of makeup you do when you're going to a party, on a date, or to a business meeting is more based on personal preference. Let's dive into some of the simple makeup looks you can try out.
1. No-Makeup Makeup Look
The no-makeup-makeup look gives you a fresh face without appearing like you're wearing a lot of makeup.
- Step 1: Apply a thin layer of foundation, like HIDE Premium Foundation. You don't want to use a lot of product; just enough to even out your skin tone.
- Step 2: Use a little bit of concealer on any areas that still need coverage after foundation. HIDE Premium Concealer has an undetectable finish that’s ideal for this makeup look.
- Step 3: Go in with a cream blush instead of powder to create a natural-looking rosy appearance.
- Step 4: Use an eyeshadow shade close to your natural skin color and apply a light shimmer in the corners of the eyes to brighten up your face. Finish off your eyes by curling your eyelashes and applying a layer of mascara on your top lashes.
- Step 5: Apply a brow gel to your eyebrows, brushing them up to give you a natural and full look.
- Step 6: The last step is to apply a tinted balm or a little lip color to brighten up the look.
2. Glowing and Bronzed Makeup
Glowy bronzed makeup is the perfect look for summer, but it also works year-round. You don't need to be out in the sun to get that sun-kissed look. You can achieve it with makeup.
Here are some tips to achieve the look:
- When applying your foundation, try mixing it with a serum for a more dewy finish.
- After concealer, apply your bronzer in areas where the sun naturally tans your face.
- Use a cream blush since they have more of a sheen than powder ones.
- Use a shimmery shadow on your lids and a bronze shade in your crease. You can also use your shimmery shadow as a highlighter on the high points of your face, like the tops of your cheekbones.
- Apply translucent powder if you have oily skin or combination skin, but only in the areas where you really need it. You want to glow, not look greasy.
- Finish off the look the usual way you do the rest of your makeup.
3. Monochromatic Makeup
Monochromatic makeup is when you use the same color palette for your entire makeup look. Your eyes, cheeks, and lips are all the same color.
Select shades that complement your natural skin tone. Colors that look good on most people are reds, pinks, and browns. However, don't be afraid to use bright colors if that's your jam. When applying blush, use a small amount to avoid looking like a clown.
This type of makeup look is easy to achieve for most people. Even if you are a beginner when it comes to makeup, you can look like an expert with this makeup.
4. Pink Flush Makeup
Similar to a monochromatic look, try a pink makeup look. It is a flattering color for almost everyone. Pink enhances the natural rosiness in your cheeks and brings out the warmth in your face.
You can use pink on more than just your cheeks and lips. Try a shade on your eyes or a shimmery pink highlighter. If you're not into fuchsia, try a pink petal shade. The color freshens up the face and still looks modern without being too intense. It doesn't look too overpowering and it can provide warmth to your face.
You can even create a smokey look with pink eyeshadow. Try a metallic pink eye and opt for lighter pink shades for the rest of your face so you don't overdo it.
Staple Makeup Products
You need the makeup basics to create these looks for every occasion. We are going to first go over these must-have essentials to achieve multiple different looks because no makeup bag is complete without them.
Foundation is just that; the foundation of every makeup look. It quite literally sets the tone for the rest of your products and the final outcome. You want to use one that has a long-lasting finish and is easily buildable, like HIDE Premium Foundation. You also want to find one that matches your shade and undertone. You can get help finding the right one for your skin tone using HIDE's shade finder.
Concealer is the holy grail makeup product that everyone needs. It can provide coverage, brighten, and contour. You'll find yourself reaching for concealer over and over again. Invest in a high-quality concealer, like HIDE Premium Concealer. It can completely cover your imperfections effortlessly.
You want to get a slightly lighter shade than your natural shade for brightening and one that is your exact match for concealing things like blemishes. If you plan to contour with a concealer, also get one a few shades darker than your skin tone, but this isn't necessary if you're just sticking to essentials.
If you have combination or oily skin, you most likely need a translucent powder to take away the shine and set your makeup. This type of powder doesn't have any color in it, so it won't change the shade of your foundation or concealers.
A bronzer is essential for adding color back to your face after you even everything out with foundation and concealer.
Blush is also a versatile product if you get a cream blush. You can use it on your cheeks, lips, and even as an eyeshadow.
Any lip product that adds a touch of color back to your lips will do. If you leave your lips bare, you may look washed out. You can choose lipstick, lip stain, or lipgloss.
A few basic eyeshadow shades are great to have on hand. You need a light highlighter shade and a few neutrals, like a light brown and a dark brown. You can use these shades for every makeup look.
This product is beneficial for adding definition and shape to your eyes. A pencil is easy to use if you don't use eyeliner often. A felt tip eyeliner is also easy to use.
Mascara can bring your whole face to life. It opens up the eyes and adds definition to your lashes.
An eyebrow pencil is essential for filling in the brows and adding shape. Similar to eyeliner, an eyebrow pencil is one of the simplest to use.
You Have Tons of Options
There are many different looks you can achieve with a few makeup essentials. HIDE premium products can help you create simple looks for every occasion. They are long-lasting and give your skin a natural-looking finish.